EFFICIENCY105 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%0-70: 30 minutes
- Tesla Semi is an all-electric semi truck first unveiled by Elon Musk in 2017.
- Fully electric semi truck consumes 1.7-kWh per mile, which translates to a whopping $70K gas saving every year compared to a traditional diesel truck.
- Tesla's first commercial vehicle carries an 850-kWh battery pack. It can travel more than 500 miles when fully charged.
- Tesla Semi pricing starts at $150,000 and goes all the way to $200K for the 500-miles version.
- Tesla manufactures its all-electric semi truck at a new facility near Gigafactory 1 in Nevada, United States.
Power and Speed
|1020 HP (750 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
|805 km (499 miles)|
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
|Electric Semi Truck|
Year of Production
|Nevada, United States|
|Payload Capacity: ~45,000 pounds (~20.4 tons)|
About Tesla Semi
Take a look at Tesla Semi’s fascinating 500-miles fully loaded trip from Fremont to San Diego: