EFFICIENCY15 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%10-80: 30 minutes
- smart #1 is brand's first next-gen electric vehicle designed by Mercedes-Benz. It is based on Geely's modular SEA platform.
- The compact SUV is purely electric, powered by a single electric motor located on the rear axle.
- smart #1 can produce 272 HP and 343 Nm of torque. It supports 150 kW DC and 22 kW AC charging speeds.
- Pricing info for the new electric smart will be announced later.
- smart #1 production will start at Geely's manufacturing facility in China. It will also first launched in China, then hit the European shores.
Power and Speed
|272 HP (199 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
|440 km (273 miles)|
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
About smart #1
smart finally unveiled its first electric SUV in Germany: smart #1. The subcompact SUV is designed by Mercedes-Benz, but based on Geely‘s SEA (Sustainable Experience Architecture) platform. Geely and Mercedes both hold 50% stake in the German compact car brand smart. This model is the first vehicle that smart unveiled after Geely bought half of the smart shares from Mercedes in 2019.
smart #1 uses the same underpinnings as the Zeekr 001, which is an EV-dedicated Chinese brand wholly owned by Geely. The production of the smart 1 will also be held at Geely’s manufacturing facility in China.
Here is the official video of the smart #1: