EFFICIENCY18.2 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%10-80: 30 minutes
- Polestar 3 is brand's first SUV model unveiled in October 2022. It is both a luxurious and performance-oriented fully-electric SUV.
- It uses a dual-motor AWD powertrain, which is capable of producing 489 HP and 840 Nm of torque.
- Polestar's first SUV comes with a whopping 111-kWh battery pack, supplied by Chinese CATL. It supports up to 250 kW DC charging.
- Polestar 3 US pricing starts at $83,900. It will cost €89,900 in Europe.
- Volvo will first produce Polestar 3 at its China plant in 2023. US production will follow in 2024.
Power and Speed
|489 HP (359 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
|610 km (378 miles)|
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
|Optional: Polestar Pilot Pack with LiDAR|
|China (2023), USA (2024)|
About Polestar 3
Polestar 3 is Volvo’s first vehicle to include a LiDAR sensor. Electric SUV can be bought with a Luminar LiDAR, which is included in the Pilot Pack.
Polestar 3 deliveries will start in the fourth quarter of 2023. Initially, the production is planned to begin in Volvo Cars’ Chengdu, China plant from mid-2023. Polestar 3 pre-orders will be accepted starting early next year.
Volvo’s North Carolina factory will also start manufacturing Polestar 3 in 2024. US pricing of this beautifully designed SUV will be announced later.
Here is the official introduction video of the Polestar 3: