MG Comet EV
MG Comet EV
EFFICIENCY7.5 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%0-100: 7 hours
- MG Comet EV is an entry-level compact EV launched by Chinese SAIC Motor.
- Comet is the rebadged version of the Wuling Air EV sold in China and Indonesia.
- MG's small EV comes with a 17.3-kWh battery pack and offers up to 230 kilometers of range.
- MG Comet EV pricing starts at $9,750 or RS 7.98 lakh in India.
- SAIC Motor manufactures the MG Comet in both China and Indonesia.
Power and Speed
|41 HP (30 kW)
Number of Engines
|AC Permanent Magnet
Battery and Charge
|230 km (143 miles)
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
|Wheelbase: 2,010 mm; Turning Circle Radius: 4,2 meters
About MG Comet EV
MG Comet EV is a four-door cheap EV launched first in India. It’s the rebadged version of the Air EV, which is the latest model launched by China’s highly-popular budget EV maker Wuling. Both MG and Wuling are part of China’s one of the largest automotive conglomerates, SAIC Motor.
Comet EV has a rear-wheel-drive 41-HP electric drivetrain. Mini EV features a 17.3-kWh battery pack that uses CALB’s prismatic LFP cells. When it’s fully charged, MG Comet can travel up to 230 kilometers, according to India’s MIDC test cycle. MG claims Comet EV drivers will spend less on electricity for a month than a pizza to drive around with their small electric vehicle.