EFFICIENCY8.3 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%0-80: 60 minutes
- Lightyear 0 is an electric sedan equipped with solar panels.
- The solar cells across the Lightyear 0 can add up to 70 kilometers of range per day during summer time.
- Lightyear 0 is one of the most aero-efficient vehicles in the EV world with a drag coefficient of 0.19.
- Pre-order price of the Lightyear 0 is €250,000. It will only be available in EU countries, Norway, and Switzerland.
- Lightyear 0 production will start in Fall 2022. Finnish manufacturing company Valmet Automotive will produce the solar EV.
Power and Speed
|109 HP (80 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
About Lightyear 0
Lightyear 0 (formerly known as Lightyear One) comes with four in-wheel hub motors. It can produce up to 109 horsepower and offers all-wheel-drive. The solar EV is not an electric powerhouse like Tesla Model S Plaid, but efficiency is the key element of this EV. It can add up to 70 kilometers of range on a single day, thanks to its solar panels that offer 1,05 kW solar charging capability.
Lightyear 0 Videos