EFFICIENCY13.8 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%30-80: 30 minutes
- Honda e:NS1 is Japanese automaker's first fully electric SUV launched in China in April 2022.
- Honda e:NS1 and 2022 H-RV are basically the same vehicle. Honda simply attached a battery pack underneath the existing chassis and convert H-RV into an electric SUV.
- e:NS1 offers 510 kilometers of range when fully charged.
- Chinese-made electric Honda e:NS1 pricing starts at 160,000 CNY. 510 km range version costs higher at $32,000, or 210,000 CNY.
- Honda e:NS1 is being built in China by Dongfeng Honda, a joint-venture between Chinese automaker Dongfeng and Japanese Honda.
Power and Speed
|204 HP (150 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
About Honda e:NS1
Honda severely lacks behind when it comes to the electrification of its vehicles. The only electric model Japanese firm offers as of today is the supermini Honda e. This is very problematic for the Japanese automaker, because of the carbon emission regulations that keep getting severe in Europe and China. But they have a quick solution to this: Honda e:NS1; the electrified version of the latest Honda H-RV.
Honda e:NS1 is a conversion project managed by Dongfeng Honda, Japanese firm’s joint-venture in China. Instead of developing an EV-dedicated vehicle platform and building an efficient electric car, Honda simply swapped the petrol engine for a smaller, lighter electric motor, and attached a hefty battery pack underneath the existing chassis of the 2022 Honda H-RV. This is probably the most sloppy electric conversion job we have ever encountered. But it works like a charm for the Japanese carmaker.
You can watch the official TV commercial of the Honda e:NS1 down below.