BYD Yangwang U9
BYD Yangwang U9
EFFICIENCY- kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%30-80: 18 minutes
- BYD Yangwang U9 is an all-electric sports car designed by the world's biggest EV maker.
- BYD U9 is based on the next generation e4 platform, which allows BYD to implement quad-motor powertrains into its electric vehicles.
- U9's performance will be on par with modern super cars. It offers an acceleration performance from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in around two seconds!
- BYD Yangwang U9 will cost more than 1 million CNY, approx. $148,000 in China.
- Yangwang-branded vehicles will enter production later in the 2023.
Power and Speed
|1100 HP (808 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
|Electric Sports Car|
Year of Production
About BYD Yangwang U9
BYD Yangwang U9 is not only the first sports car BYD designed, it is also one of the first vehicles that uses Chinese giant’s newly-developed 800V electrical architecture, which is made possible with a high-efficiency SiC inverter. U9 also comes with active aero systems including a huge spoiler for better driving performance. The other model that will benefit from this new tech is the off-road SUV BYD U8.
Chinese automaker equipped BYD U9 with a self-developed suspension called DiSus-X, which described as U9’s magic body control system. BYD says it’s the world’s first intelligent hydraulic body control technology. Yangwang U9’s suspension is so advanced that it can be driven on three wheels, or even jump a little while standing still.
Here is another video clip from BYD showing how Yangwang U9’s advanced vehicle body control system make it jump while standing still: