BYD Song Plus EV
BYD Song Plus EV
EFFICIENCY14.1 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%30-80: 30 minutes
- BYD Song Plus EV is a mid-range budget-friendly electric SUV launched in April 2021.
- It supports up to 90 kW DC charging. Song Plus EV can be fully charged in exactly 74 minutes.
- Song Plus EV uses BYD's proprietary LFP battery cell design called 'Blade Battery'. It offers more than 500 kilometers of range when fully charged.
- Song Plus EV pricing is around $26,000, or 180,800 CNY in China.
- BYD builds both the Song Plus EV and hybrid/petrol-only versions at the same factory in China.
Power and Speed
|184 HP (135 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
About BYD Song Plus EV
BYD Song Plus EV is the fully electric version of the Chinese automaker’s popular mid-size SUV range. It has launched onto the market in April 2021. It is currently being built at BYD’s Xi’an factory in China. Song Plus EV pricing starts at around $26,170 in its home country.
BYD uses its proprietary lithium-ion battery cell technology called ‘Blade Battery’ inside the Song Plus EV’s 71.7-kWh battery pack. These battery cells are made of LFP cathodes and tend to be safer, cheaper, and durable. Song Plus EV can be charged from 0 to 100 percent in 74 minutes, thanks to its support for up to 90 kW DC charging speeds.
There is a 12.8-inch infotainment display that can be used both horizontally and vertically. The central touchscreen will automatically rotate when the driver changes the position. DiLink 3.0 software offers many applications such as TikTok, YouKu, etc.