BYD Seal U
BYD Seal U
EFFICIENCY17.4 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%30-80: 29 minutes
- BYD Seal U is a fully-electric D-SUV launched specifically for the western countries by BYD.
- The Seal U, also known as 2023 BYD Song Plus, comes equipped with a 160-kW electric motor. It can reach a top speed of 175 km/h.
- D-segment electric SUV offered in two battery variants: 71.8-kWh option with 420 km WLTP range and 87-kWh option with a decent 500-kilometers range.
- BYD Seal U pricing will start from around €45,000 in Europe. The long range version will slightly cost more.
- BYD manufactures all Seal U variants at its production plant in China.
Power and Speed
|218 HP (160 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
|500 km (310 miles)|
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
|Wheelbase: 2,765 mm; V2L (Vehicle-to-Load), Standard Heat Pump System|
About BYD Seal U
BYD Seal U is a rebadged version of the Chinese EV maker’s ‘Song Plus‘ model. It’s defined as a D-segment sports utility vehicle with its 4,785 millimeters long body. There are two battery options available for purchase; standard range (420-km WLTP) with a 71.8-kWh LFP battery and long range (500-km WLTP) with a larger 87-kWh pack. XXXXX
The Seal U is the sixth vehicle (first five vehicles are Tang, Han, Atto 3, Seal, and Dolphin) that BYD exports to European countries. Even though BYD describes Seal U as a D-SUV, it’s a direct rival to Volkswagen’s ID.4, Skoda’s Enyaq iV, Renault’s Megane E-Tech, and other electric C-segment SUVs. Seal U’s biggest advantage is the more capable infotainment system with 4G/5G connection, DiLink operating system, and third-pary app support.
Chinese automaker will release more details regarding Seal U at IAA Mobility in September. Seal U deliveries will begin in Q4 2023.