EFFICIENCY10.4 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%30-80: 30 minutes
- BYD Seagull is a compact all-electric hatchback designed by Chinese EV maker.
- Seagull is based on BYD's e-platform 3.0 modular vehicle architecture.
- Electric hatchback comes with two motor options: 55-kW (75 HP) and 70-kW (95 HP).
- BYD Seagull pricing starts from around $10,700 or 73,800 CNY in China.
- BYD Seagull is being mass-produced at BYD's car plants in China.
Power and Speed
|75 HP (55 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
|405 km (251 miles)|
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
|Wheelbase: 2500 mm|
About BYD Seagull
BYD Seagull is the cheapest EV Chinese automaker offers under its Ocean Series, which includes BYD Seal, Atto 3, and BYD Dolphin. It officially launched in April 2023. The standard range version of the compact EV with 30-kWh battery and 305 km of range costs 73,800 CNY ($10,700). BYD Seagull’s 405-km range version is priced higher at $13,000, or 89,800 CNY in China.
There is a 10.1-inch infotainment display, NFC phone key feature, four airbags, and BYD’s DiLink operating system inside the BYD Seagull. Its feature-rich interior is a serious rival to Leapmotor T03.