BYD Dolphin Active
BYD Dolphin Active
EFFICIENCY13.2 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%30-80: 30 minutes
- BYD Dolphin Active is the entry-level version of the BYD's highly-popular electric hatchback first launched in 2022.
- Dolphin Active comes with a less powerful 95-HP electric motor. It can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 10.4 seconds, which is not bad at all considering Dolphin is one of the cheapest EV on the European market right now.
- Compact EV comes equipped with a 44.9-kWh battery pack, which is directly integrated into car's chassis. It's called CTB (Cell-to-Body).
- BYD Dolphin Active pricing starts at €29,990 in Europe, and £25,800 in the United Kingdom.
- BYD manufactures all Dolphin variants at its production plant in China.
Power and Speed
|95 HP (69 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
|340 km (211 miles)|
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
|Wheelbase: 2,700 mm|
About BYD Dolphin Active
BYD Dolphin is among the best selling electric vehicles in China since its launch last year. It’s finally available outsite Chinese carmaker’s home country. European pricing starts at €29,990 for the Active variant and goes all the way to €37,990 for the Dolphin Design. There four versions available for order; Active, Boost, Comfort, and Design.
The first two variants comes with 44,9-kWh LFP battery, single electric motor, 60-kW DC, and 7-kW AC charging support. Boost version comes with an upgraded 177-HP motor and a slightly reduced 310-kilometers of WLTP range. Active, on the other hand, can get more out of its decent battery with up to 340 km range.
Dolphin Comfort and Design variants carries a much more powerful 204-HP (150-kW) electric motor and 60,4 kWh battery pack. The range is 427 kilometers and DC/AC charging rates are higher as well, 88-kW and 11-kW respectively.
All BYD Dolphin variants comes equipped with a energy-saving heat pump system, which is essential for Europe’s severe winter season. There is a 12.8-inch infotainment display powered by BYD’s own DiLink software. It supports keyless entry with NFC-enabled smartphones. Design variant also offers a huge panoramic glass roof, wireless charging for mobil devices, and sportier animal-free leather seats.
BYD Dolphin deliveries in Europe will start in the end of 2023.