EFFICIENCY16.6 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%30-80: 15 minutes
- Avatr 11 is a premium Chinese-made electric SUV, originally planned to debut in Beijing Autoshow, later soft-debuted on the internet.
- Chinese automaker Changan Auto, tech giant Huawei, and world's biggest lithium-ion battery maker CATL partnered up for the Avatr brand.
- Avatr 11 offers up to 578 horsepower, more than 600 kilometers of range, and 240 kW ultra-fast DC charging.
- Avatr 11 will be available to order in China in the second half of 2022. Chinese brand has plans to enter both European and American markets in 2023.
- Changan Auto will manufacture the Avatr 11 at its car factory in Chongqing, China.
Power and Speed
|578 HP (424 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
About Avatr 11
Avatr is a premium brand that three giant Chinese firms collaborated to create. Changan Auto will manufacture the Avatr-branded fully electric vehicles. Huawei will provide smart car technologies, ADAS systems, and mobility services. The third firm, the world’s biggest lithium-ion battery cell manufacturer CATL will supply the necessary energy solutions for the Avatr cars. CATL is also the second largest shareholder with a 17 percent stake. Changan Auto holds around 40% of this new EV-maker.
Premium brand’s first vehicles will be called Avatr 11, designed by famous American designer Matthew M. Williams. It uses a special 750V high-voltage electrical architecture. Thanks to this system, Avatr 11 supports up to 240 kW ultra-fast DC charging speeds. Its huge 116.79-kWh battery pack can be charged from 30 percent to 80 percent in 25 minutes.
Avatr is planning to start taking pre-orders for the pure electric Avatr 11 in the second half of 2022. Mass production of the vehicle will take place at Changan Auto’s manufacturing plant in Chongqing before the year ends.
Here is the official Avatr 11 design teaser video: